This is a fun, hands-on experience for the kids. We work with each one individually to encourage, and challenge them. Our goals for the class are to get the kids comfortable on the rope, teach them proper communication for climbing, proper body positioning to be lowered and “to have fun”.
Kids 6 to 8 years old. No prior experience necessary
What you will learn
- Use correct terminology for communications (on belay, etc.)
- Comfortable on rope
- Climb to top of route and touch pipe
- Climb to top of route with no rests
- Complete route while following tape
- Perform a no-hands rest on the slab
- Hang time on the roof
- Complete the traverse on the wall
You must register at least ten days in advance. No make-ups or refunds for missed classes
Limit 8, minimum 4
$35.00 per person includes admission, harness, and belay equipment. Fee due at registration. Shoes available for $4.00 per day, but are not required.
View our calendar for schedule of classes.
Rock Kids I
Kids age 9-14
What you will learn
- Basics of proper knot and belay techniques
- How to put on and adjust gear correctly
- Identification of equipment
- Gym safety
Check our calendar for dates and times.
No refunds or make-ups for missed classes
The class will have a maximum of 10.
$45.00 per person includes admission, harness, and belay equipment. Fee due at registration. Shoes available for $4.00 per day, but are not required.
Kid’s Climbing Club
Join the I.S.R.G. Climbing ClubA supervised, non-instructional year-round program offered twice weekly. This is a great opportunity for kids (ages 9 -14) who enjoy climbing to meet other climbers and develop new friendships while improving their climbing skills. Technique instruction is given if a participant desires to take their skills to the next level.
Tues. 4:30 – 6:00 and Thurs. 4:30 – 6:00 p.m.
- Free to Members
- $10.00 per session
- 5 punch card available for $45.00
**Must be certified in the knot and belay technique before admission to the club. Rock Kids I recommended, but not required.
Is this competitive?
Competing is NOT a requirement of this club. Information on competitions will be made available to members and if any are interested in competing we will try to help organize a car pool to go to the competition. We would need parent participation in organizing a car pool and supervising kids at competitions.
- To promote overall fitness with a focus on improving one’s climbing skills and technique.
- To build a community of climbers ages 9-12 who are then able to build relationships in and out of the climbing arena.
- To provide coaching for kids interested in pursuing the competitive side of climbing.
Call 970-282-8118 for more information.